Amazon is a giant in the eCommerce world with a customer base of 54 million users, 89 warehouses, and sales rate of more than 2 billion products per year. If you are an eCommerce merchant then you should have your product inventory on Amazon!
Selling on Amazon would not be anything herculean for you once you are equipped with the right knowledge and tactics. Here is a quick guide on Amazon business essentials, tips, secrets, and more. Basic Steps to Selling on Amazon
Creating an Account
- Create your account on Amazon.
- Go to the home page and click on Your Account drop box.
- Now click ‘Your Seller Account’ in the right column on top of the menu.
- Click ‘Start Selling’.
- This will pop a new page to let you choose your type as a seller. Choose to sell as a professional or as an individual. The professional sellers pay a small amount of selling fee to the Amazon. Most of the offline retailers and storeowners sell as professional sellers on Amazon. In contrast, Individual sellers do not need to pay any selling fee.
- Enter relevant information including billing address, type of business, and type of products. Verify your phone number to complete registration.
Creating a Listing
- Log in to your Amazon seller’s account.
- Go to ‘Find it on Amazon’ to search for items you want to sell.
- Click ‘Sell Yours’ after finding a relevant product.
- Select the condition of your items from ‘new’ and ‘used’ buttons.
- In the condition note, enter details of the product. For example, if you want to sell a used mobile phone with charger but without box then enter these details in the condition note.
- Select the price of your products.
- Select shipping option. The minimum shipping requirement is Standard Shipping.
- Click on ‘Continue’ and then ‘Submit Listing’.
Packing and Shipping Products
- Click on Your Seller Account > Orders > Manage Orders > View Your Recent Marketplace Orders.
- Filter orders by clicking on All Orders Placed in Last X Days. If the status of an order is complete, it means that your product is ready for shipping.
- Verify the shipment method and print the address label, packing slip and sale receipt.
- Pack your item and mail it.
- Now go to View Your Orders > Confirm Shipment and enter the delivery information.
- Click on Payment Complete to receive payment.
Three Essentials for Selling on Amazon
- Always follow the Amazon rules and guidelines.
- Real seller’s account, good sales history, and good feedback are all that you need to become
- Amazon Featured Merchant. The benefit, you ask. You will get access to the Buy Box to double your sales.
- Use simple marketing tools like tags, Listmania, Guides and other tools to sell more.
Quick Tips to Sell More
- Choose bulk fulfillment service for shipping products to save your time.
- Always be flexible with your pricing strategy.
- Be prepared to sell more during Holiday seasons.
- Make sure that the product is delivered in its best condition. Take care of the packaging.
Now you are ready to sell your products on Amazon and SellerVantage has all the tools and features you need to help you along the journey. The best thing about doing business with SellerVantage and Amazon is that we save you time and money (did I mention time?) and that means less time preparing listings so you don’t need to quit your social life.